Since our modest beginnings as an importer and indenting agent in 1939 we have grown to become a vertically integrated highly consumer oriented organization with our own manufacturing plant and island wide distribution network. Coupled with our longstanding relationships with local and international manufacturers of pharmaceuticals and fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) we have managed to provide the Sri Lankan consumer with practical and affordable products that enrich their lives. Our company philosophy of focusing on the needs of the individual Sri Lankan and flexibility to change have guided us throughout our existence and allowed us to navigate, and at times anticipate, the ever evolving market landscape.
J. L. Morison Son & Jones (Ceylon) PLC was listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange in 1964 and became fully Sri Lankan owned in 1998. After seven decades we have become a trusted name in healthcare, FMCG and agriculture in the country. However, we realise that a company must continue to grow and move forward by forging strategic partnerships.
In May 2013, J.L. Morison’s was acquired by the Hemas Group. As we look to the future we seek innovative partnerships that will enable us to continue to evolve and grow.